this was my year 11 (last year) textiles project, we had to make an educational toy and overall I got an A (the matt itself got an A* but the rushed/can't-be-arsed-to-do-this-anymore paperwork (B) brought it down)
mine was based on numbers, with child having to match the appropriate fish (number on belly, orange = odd, grey = even) to the correct lily pad (number on underside, number of bug buttons), at its widest point its about 1.5 metres
why didn't I upload it sooner? well, even though I was proud of it, it was so much work that every time I looked at it I felt ill :/ not only was the matt huge, the fabric difficult to sew and the fish really detailed (although adorable xD) I also had tons of paperwork to do... and all in a really short space of time I literally worked to my breaking point... I even cried over the thing!
but i'm okay now and can finally show it off... so enjoy!!! comments are always welcome
EDIT I forgot to mention but after I completed this my old textiles teacher (who went on maternity leave at the beginning of my course -_-) bought this mat so I'm afraid its not for sale /EDIT
thanks so much!!!! <333 yay!! i'm so glad i'm not the only one!!! <333 its horrible to get to that point (and I bet i'll be like that all next year ) its frustrating when things don't go to plan with a deadline looming... but at least deadlines make me get my butt in gear